How to Make Whitening Cream0
Spending time outdoors in the sun may feel good, but it can be very damaging to your skin. While skin cancer is obviously a major health concern, the sun can also cause dark spots or an overall darkening of your complexion. If you want to lighten or brighten the look of your skin, a homemade whitening cream can do the trick. Best of all, you can whip one up with ingredients you already have in your kitchen. Try making an easy whitening cream with lemons for oily skin or almonds for dry skin to help brighten up your complexion.
Lemon Whitening Cream
- 1 tablespoon (15 ml) lemon juice
- 1 cup (250 g) unsweetened, organic yogurt
- 2 to 3 drops of rose water
Almond Whitening Cream
- 5 to 6 almonds
- 1 cup (250 g) unsweetened, organic yogurt
- 1 teaspoon (7 g) honey
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) lemon juice
Preparing Lemon Whitening Cream
Mix the lemon juice and yogurt.
Add 1 tablespoon (15 ml) of lemon juice and 1 cup (250 g) of unsweetened, organic yogurt to a small bowl. Stir the two together so they’re well blended.
For best results, use fresh lemon juice.
Lemon juice contains vitamin C, which is known to slow down the cells that produce melanin in the skin. That helps prevent the skin from darkening or tanning.
Yogurt contains lactic acid, which can help exfoliate and lighten the skin.
Stir in a few drops of rose water.
When the yogurt and lemon juice are mixed, add 2 to 3 drops of rose water. Mix well until the mixture is fully incorporated.
Rose water helps calm inflammation in the skin, which can reduce any redness.
Transfer the cream to a jar and refrigerate. Once the rose water is mixed in, spoon the cream into an airtight jar or other container. Because the cream contains yogurt, it must be stored in the refrigerator. It should stay fresh for 1 to 2 weeks, but toss it if you see any signs of mold.
If you find that the recipe makes too much for you to use up before the cream goes bad, you can reduce all of the ingredients in half to make a smaller batch.
Apply the cream in the evening.
For the best results, use the cream daily. However, because the lactic acid makes the skin more sensitive to the sun, it’s best to use it at night. Gently massage it into the skin before bed, and wash it off in the morning with warm water and your usual cleanser.Some skin types are sensitive to lactic acid and vitamin C. If you have sensitive skin, it’s best to apply it every other night until your skin is used to the ingredients.
Mixing Almond Whitening Cream
- Grind the almonds in a food processor. Place 5 to 6 whole, unsalted almonds in the bowl of a food processor. Process the nuts until they reach a fine, powdery texture, which should take 5 to 10 seconds.
- If you don’t have a food processor, you can use a blender or coffee grinder to grind the almonds.
- Almonds are rich in Vitamin E, which is an antioxidant that can prevent sun damage that darkens the skin.
- Mix the ground almonds with yogurt, honey, and lemon juice. Add the ground almonds to a small bowl with 1 cup (250 g) of unsweetened, organic yogurt, 1 teaspoon (7 g) of honey, and 2 teaspoons (10 ml) of lemon juice. Stir the ingredients together until they are fully blended.
- Yogurt is rich in lactic acid, which exfoliates the skin to lighten dark spots.
- Honey contains antioxidants, which help prevent sun damage that can darken the skin.
- Lemon juice is high in vitamin C, which can help prevent the skin from darkening.
- Place the cream in a jar and store it in the refrigerator.When all of the ingredients are mixed, transfer the cream to a jar with a lid or another airtight container. Keep the cream in the refrigerator to prevent the yogurt from going bad.
- The cream should stay fresh for 1 to 2 weeks. However, if you see any signs of mold, discard it.
- You can cut the recipe in half if you find that it makes more than you can use in 1 to 2 weeks.
- Smooth the cream on before bed. Because the lactic acid in the yogurt can make your skin sensitive to the sun, it’s best not to use it during the day. Apply it in the evening before you go to sleep for the best results.
- If you have sensitive skin, start out using the cream every other night or just a few times a week. The lactic acid and vitamin skin may irritate your skin, so it’s best to go slow until your skin is used to it.
- Be sure to wash off the cream in the morning with warm water and a gentle cleanser. Apply sunscreen before heading outdoors.