How to Get Smooth Hair at Home – Best Natural Tips & Remedies0
How to Get Smooth Hair at Home – Best Natural Tips & Remedies – It is a dream for every women to get smooth hair, minus any tangles or frizz. However, its not impossible to make the dream come true. You only have to decide which way you want to go – the natural way or the expensive salon treatment. The ‘natural way’ takes time, because it works from deep. Natural remedies focus on nourishing dry and brittle hair strands, so that they look and feel smooth and silky. The hair may not look as perfect as it would look after doing salon treatments, but on the flip side, chemical treatments tend to be damaging on the hair and this can lead to hair problems including hair loss. The choice is all yours.
Best Natural Ways to Get Smooth Hair at Home
Lets have a look at some of the naturally safe ways by which you can get smooth hair at home.
1. Use Mayonnaise to Get Smooth Hair at Home
We are going to start this list of best natural remedies to get smooth hair with this one. Mayonnaise has been a popular choice since long time to get smooth, silky and shiny hair naturally. The main ingredients of mayonnaise are egg and oil, both of which are known for their superior nourishing benefits for hair. Mayonnaise contains good amount of L-cysteine, which is an amino acid with anti oxidant properties. It not only helps to treat damaged hair but also works effectively to stimulate hair growth. Find out below how to get smooth hair using mayonnaise.
How to use mayonnaise to get smooth hair at home
- Spray some luke warm water on your hair, so that it becomes damp. Be careful not to make your hair dripping wet. Now take out some mayonnaise from the jar and apply it on the hair, just like you apply conditioner. Wear a shower cap and let it sit on the hair for 20-30 minutes, before washing it off with a shampoo. Repeat twice in a week for best results.
- Alternatively, you can add 2-3 tsp of mashed avocado to half a cup of mayonnaise and mix well to prepare your DIY hair mask to get smooth hair. Apply it all over the hair and cover your head with a shower cap. Let the mask sit on the hair for an hour and then, wash off. Do it once in a week for soft, smooth and silky hair.
2. Use Beer Rinse to Get Smooth Hair
Many people use beer on their hair to achieve soft, silky and shiny hair. Beer is considered good for hair, because it contains malt, hop and yeast as well as various nutrients like phosphorus, iron, magnesium, copper and also B vitamins. All these nutrients help us to achieve our ‘hair goal’. The hops contain silica, which is known to add shine and luster to the hair. Beer, when used on hair, helps in restoring moisture and get rid of dry, lifeless hair, to make hair smooth and silky.
How to use beer to get smooth hair
Use flat beer for this purpose. Simply empty a can of beer in a bowl and keep it like that overnight so that the fizz goes away. Next day, after washing your hair with shampoo, pour the beer on the hair and massage the scalp and hair nicely. Keep it on for few minutes and then, wash off with with plain water. Condition as usual and repeat once in a week.
3. Get Smooth Hair with Milk
Milk is not only a super healthy drink, but it has various benefits for our skin and hair as well. Milk comes loaded with vitamins, proteins and minerals that work wonders to repair damaged, dry hair and restore the natural shine and luster. The lactic acid present in milk offers exfoliating benefits. It removes debris from hair and make hair softer and smoother. Also, whole milk has natural straightening effect on hair.
How to get smooth hair using milk
With the help of a hair pack brush, apply cold milk all over the hair. Comb the hair gently with a wide toothed comb for even distribution of the milk. Let it stay on the hair for an hour and then, wash off using a mild shampoo. Doing this once in a week will treat dry and brittle hair and help you get smooth, soft and shiny hair.
4. Hot Oil Treatment for Smooth Hair
This is one of the sure shot fix to treat dry and damaged hair and make them soft, shiny and smooth. You can use any of the carrier oils like coconut oil, olive oil, almond oil, castor oil, jojoba oil, sesame oil, etc. For more effective results, one can add essential oils like rosemary, thyme or lavender essential oil to the carrier oils and apply on the hair. Hot oil treatment repairs the damages and also help you to achieve healthy, smooth hair.
How to do hot oil treatment
Take required amount of any carrier oil in a bowl depending on the length and thickness of your hair. Heat it up a little. Apply the warm oil on the scalp and then massage well. Also apply some oil on the length of the hair. Once the scalp is saturated with oil, wrap a warm towel around your head. This will allow better penetration of the oil. Let it sit for 30-40 minutes and then use a mild shampoo to wash it off. Do this at least once in a week.
5. Use Egg Hair Mask
Our hair is made of 70% Keratin, which is a type of protein, hence protein is super important to get healthy, beautiful hair. Eggs are packed with protein, which is why it is considered as a great natural treatment for beautiful hair. Egg, specially egg yolk is a great conditioner for our hair. It is rich in vitamins, like vitamins A and E, biotin, folate etc, which nourish and deep condition the hair, making them smooth, silky and more resistant to damage. Furthermore, sulfur is another essential nutrient for healthy hair. The egg white, also known as albumin, contains good amount of sulfur. Egg also contains an amino acid, known as L-lysine. It plays a vital role in improving hair health, by helping our body to absorb iron and zinc – two vital minerals for great hair.
How to prepare egg hair mask to achieve smooth hair
- Take an egg and whisk it in a bowl. Add equal amount of honey and olive oil there and mix together. Apply the resultant mixture all over the scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap to create an environment for better penetration of the nutrients present in the hair mask. Let the mask stay on the hair for 30-40 minutes. Remove with a mild shampoo and cold water. Reapply once in a week.
- Put few ripe banana slices in a blender and then prepare banana pulp. Add an egg as well as one tsp each of coconut oil and yogurt there. Also add few drops of vitamin E oil. Mix all the ingredients together. Apply the mask all over the hair from the roots to the tips. Once your hair is saturated with this mask, wear a shower cap. Keep the hair mask on for an hour and then, rinse off with cold water and a mild shampoo. Repeat once in a week.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl and add a cup of cold milk and 2-3 tbsp of coconut oil to it. Combine all the ingredients and then apply the mixture all over the scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap to prevent dripping. Wait for 30-40 minutes. Rinse off with a mild shampoo and cold water. Reapply once in a week.
6. Sesame Oil Treatment for Smooth Hair
Sesame oil has deep conditioning properties for our hair. It is rich in mono and poly unsaturated fats. When used on hair, it not only coats the hair surface to prevent water loss, but also gets easily absorbed by the hair shafts and then avoid water related damages. Our hair gets dry and dehydrated due to too much water loss, hence its important to maintain proper moisture level. However, too much water absorption can also damage our hair. Furthermore, the high penetrating capability of sesame oil helps in nourishing and rejuvenating the damaged hair and also make them softer, smoother and shinier.
How to use sesame oil to get smooth hair
- Combine some yogurt and seasame oil together. Apply the resultant mixture all over the scalp and hair. Make sure your hair is saturated with the mixture. Let it sit for an hour before washing off with a mild shampoo. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Here comes one of the most effective remedies for smooth, silky hair. Whisk one whole egg in a bowl and add 2-3 tbsp of sesame oil to it. Mix together and apply this all over the scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap and wait for an hour. Rinse it off with cold water and a mild shampoo. Reapply once in a week.
- Alternatively, cut one ripe avocado into half. Take out the fleshy part and mash it with a fork. Add 2-3 tbsp sesame oil to mashed avocado and mix together to prepare a paste. Apply the paste on the scalp and hair. Allow it to sit for an hour and remove it with a mild shampoo. Repeat twice in a week.
7. Banana Hair Mask to Get Smooth Hair
Bananas are very effective to get soft, smooth, manageable and moisturized hair. They are rich in potassium, vitamins, calcium, carbohydrates along with natural oils that work together to nourish our hair and make them smooth and soft. Banana can also protect the natural elasticity of our hair, which is essential if you want to get smooth hair. The potassium present in banana helps to repair dry hair effectively. Furthermore, the anti oxidants properties of banana also help to maintain healthy and smooth hair.
How to use banana to get healthy hair
- Mash one ripe banana and add 2-3 tbsp olive oil to it. Mix together and then apply the hair mask on the hair and scalp. Wrap a warm moist towel around your head for better penetration. Let the mask sit for 30-40 minutes and then remove it with a mild shampoo. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Alternatively, mash one ripe banana and add some plain, fresh yogurt to that. Mix both the ingredients together. Apply the hair mask all over the scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap to prevent any mess and let the mask sit for 40-45 minutes. Rinse it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat once every week.
- Whisk an egg in a bowl and add 3 tbsp honey and 4 tbsp milk to that. Mash one banana and add that as well. Mix all the ingredients together. Apply the resultant mixture all over the scalp and hair. Wear a shower cap for better penetration of the nutrients present in the hair mask and then wait for 30 minutes. Wash it off with cold water and a mild shampoo. Reapply twice in a week.
8. Get Smooth Hair with Apple Cider Vinegar
Next on our list of best natural ways to get smooth hair comes this one. Apple cider vinegar helps in maintaining the ideal pH level of the scalp. It also helps in removing the build up from the scalp that might have damaging effect on the scalp. Using apple cider vinegar rinse helps in closing the cuticles of our hair and make them smoother, softer and more manageable.
How to use apple cider vinegar for smooth hair
Take a quarter of a cup of apple cider vinegar and dilute it in a cup of water. After washing your hair with shampoo, use this diluted apple cider vinegar as your final rinse. Pour this on the scalp and hair and leave it on. Do this every time you shampoo your hair.
9. Coconut Milk Remedy for Smooth Hair
Coconut milk is quite beneficial for our hair. It comes loaded with high amounts of fatty oils and several vitamins, like vitamin B1, B3, B5 and B6 as well as Vitamin E. Also it contains minerals like calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, selenium etc. All these nutrients are super effective for our hair. When used on the hair, coconut milk provides nourishment to dry and brittle hair and make them softer, smoother and shinier. Also the proteins present in coconut milk help significantly to restore natural shine and luster to our hair.
How to use coconut milk to achieve smooth hair
Get thick creamy coconut milk by putting it in the fridge overnight. The next morning, apply the coconut cream all over the hair and scalp. Massage well. Next pour some steaming hot water in a container and place it on a table. Bend over the container and then cover your hair and the container with a towel in such a way that your hair gets the steam that is coming out of the water. Stay like this for 10 minutes. Wrap one damp warm towel around the head and keep it like that for another 15-20 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo. Reapply once in every week.
10. Use Avocado to Get Smooth Hair at Home
Avocado comes loaded with vitamins, healthy fats and natural oils, this is why avocado works as a great natural conditioner for our hair and also help us getting smooth and shiny hair. It deeply conditions our hair and also restore the natural shine. Furthermore, the vitamin B and E present in avocado contribute to protect the hair cells and strengthen the hair naturally. Regular application of avocado makes our hair smooth and shiny.
How to use avocado to get healthy hair
- Mash half of a ripe avocado and add one egg yolk to that. Mix both of them nicely and then apply the resultant mixture on the hair and scalp. Keep it on for 30-40 minutes and then wash off with cold water and a mild shampoo. Do this once or twice in a week.
- Alternatively, add two tbsp fresh yogurt to one mashed avocado. Mix together and then apply it all over the scalp and hair. Furthermore, wrap a warm moist towel around your head and then wait for 30-40 minutes. Wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat once in a week.
- Mash one ripe avocado and add one tbsp honey and two tbsp olive oil to that. Combine the ingredients and apply the hair mask on the scalp and hair. Massage for few minutes. Next, wrap a warm moist towel around the head and wait for 30 minutes. Wash off with a mild shampoo and do this once every week.
11. Aloe Vera Treatment to Get Smooth Hair
Aloe vera has amazing moisturizing properties, which makes it a great hair conditioner. It provides nourishment from root to tip of the hair. When used on the scalp, aloe vera conditions the hair roots and provides sheen and luster to the hair strands. The gel has a similar chemical composition to keratin, which is the primary protein in our hair cells. Aloe vera can penetrate the hair shaft and follicles effectively and adds strength and luster. Also aloe vera comes packed with vitamins and natural enzymes, which help to improve hair health and make our hair smooth and shiny.
How to use aloe vera for smooth hair
- Cut an aloe vera leaf from the plant. Slit it in half and then extract the fresh gel from inside. Mix it with some water and apply that on your hair. Keep it on for 30-40 minutes and wash it off with a mild shampoo. Repeat once or twice in a week.
- Mix together 4 tbsp fresh aloe vera gel, 3 tbsp yogurt and 2 tbsp coconut oil. Apply the resultant mixture all over the hair and scalp. Cover your hair with a warm moist towel for better penetration. Let the mask sit for 30-40 minutes and then use a mild shampoo to remove it. Repeat once in a week.
- Add one egg yolk to 4-5 tbsp aloe vera gel. Also add one tbsp warm olive oil and then mix all the ingredients. Apply it all over the hair and scalp. Keep it on for 30-40 minutes and then use a mild shampoo to rinse it off. Reapply once in a week.
These were some of the most effective natural remedies to get smooth hair at home. Following these remedies in combination with some hair care tips can easily give you the desired result. Find them out below.
Tips to Get Smooth Hair Naturally
Cold Water Rinse
Hot shower is refreshing, but avoid that for your hair. Washing your hair with hot water makes them dry and rough. Hot water actually opens up the cuticles on the upper layer of the hair, which in turn, results in rough, frizzy hair. Cold hair, on the other hand, seal the cuticles and also make the hair smooth and shiny.
Never Skip Conditioner
This is another important tip if you want to achieve smooth, silky hair. Some times we skip conditioner out of hurry, but spending five minutes extra on the shower doesn’t really make any difference. And if you simply cannot afford using conditioner, then do make sure to use a leave-in serum on the wet hair to seal the cuticles and make hair smooth and manageable. Argan oil acts as a wonderful leave-in serum. Also, follow a deep conditioning treatment at least once in a week to make sure your hair stays smooth and silky.
Combing is a vital part of our hair care routine. Never be harsh on your hair while combing. Use a wide toothed comb and take time while de-tangling your hair. Do not brush frequently, as it often leads to frizzy and rough hair. And, avoid brushing or combing wet hair, always.
Avoid Heat Styling
Using flat iron or blow dryers is the best instant solution to get smooth hair. But actually they damage our hair severely, when used on regular basis. The heat that comes from these styling tools makes our hair rough and frizzy.